Wednesday 17 July 2013

A Franchise Evaluation Checklist

Q1: Are you qualified to operate a franchise successfully? Do you have adequate drive, skills, experience, education, patience, and financial capacity? Are you prepared to work hard?
Yes of course, but I don't have all the qualification that you mentioned, so work hard is definitely needed!

Q2: Are you willing to sacrifice some autonomy in operating a business to own a franchise?
Maybe. But to do this so, I think must need some backup for it.

Q3: Can you tolerate the financial risk? Would business failure wipe you out financially?
Sure I can, but I guess this not going to happen, unless everybody no need eat or some cases cause we lose the reputation.

Q4: Can you juggle multiple task simultaneously and prioritize various projects so that you can accomplish those that are most important?
Yes, the easiest way to achieve it is sacrifice your time.

Q5: Are you genuinely interested in the product or service you will be selling? Do you enjoy this kind of business? Do you like to sell?
Yes, easy job (food serve).

Q6: Do you enjoy working with and managing people? Are you a "team player"?
Working with people is a must. A restaurant can't run alone, and it is important to work together to ensure good business will continue and maintain a good relationship between me and my staffs.

Q7: Will the business generate enough profit to suit you?
Yes. 

Q8: Has the franchiser investigated your background thoroughly enough to decide if you are qualified to operate the franchise?
They required my personal information such as education background, financial information as well as some other professional references to qualifying my standard to decide whether can operate the franchise or not. However, during the contract period if anything trouble cause that lower the company reputation, they can terminated the my franchise contract as well.

Q9: What can this franchiser do for you that you cannot do for yourself?
Customer trust, since Steven's Corner now already is top restaurant in Malaysia. If I run my own shop I think it's can't reach big number of customer. But using the name Steven's Corner, just the name itself can bring more customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment